A Dream

I woke up this morning from a bad dream. Most people won’t understand how it was a bad dream. After spending almost 20 years as a Jehovah’s Witness (JW) in an abusive marriage any logical person would think I was crazy to do so, except my devotion in the religion and as a wife is a matter of the heart. Who I am, more importantly, whom God made me to be!

I’ve dreamt similar dreams in the past few months, only to wake up disturbed. The Dream: I am back in the congregation amongst many I knew before listening to some talk about how JW are separate and better than others for no other reason than they have aligned themselves with a body of men that say they have “The Truth” (about God).

All JW’s are to believe the One truth about God without question. To question or to believe anything different means disloyalty and something is wrong with YOU. As I sat listening to words that were untrue and harsh concerning people outside of their realm, I stood up, threw down my bible toward the speaker and said, “ You are wrong. God IS Love and God (Love) “does not keep account of injury. “ Unlike JW’s that disfellowship their own and ostracize them for not believing what men would have them to believe, causing such pain and sorrow, with out any concern for those they said they once loved. You don’t know what love is or how to love one another, all along telling others that …as Jesus said, “you will know they are my disciples by the love they have for one another”. You are not disciples of Christ because you do not love.”

I was immediately lead out into the entryway, as people looked at me in shock. My son came up to me with a scowled look on his face and said, “Mom look what you have done.” He knowing, that I would be disfellowshiped for my actions and he would no longer be able to speak to me. I left the dream with the pain and sorrow I had felt those many years ago when I left the JW’s and all that my life had been.

Who can understand what’s in the heart of a man? Who really knows the motivation behind the actions of men? Only, an all knowing, all loving and caring God. Man’s measuring of a man is based on the thinking of men, and not on God, the True Father of all men. I am reminded of this prayer in Ephesians 3:14-21, that we are one family under a Father that measures men out of His love for his children.

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name. I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen.

Men would reverse the meaning of Agape (Love) according to their thinking and tell you God’s Love for you is dependent on YOU. But if God is Love (Agape) and he is Our Father, all is based on Him and the correct understanding of Who God really is.

Until men come to understand that GOD is Love, first and foremost, they will never come to know God. Men will judge each other putting those that don’t agree with them somewhere from disfellowshipping them to burning in a literal fire forever, and calling it justice. Foolish men! Stunned in grow, understanding and love for each other.

I wait for the day when religion and the men who claim to know God will see him as a Father of the Prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. What a wonderful picture of a loving Father.

Though the dreams remind me of a sorrowful time when I depended on men to teach me about God, I no longer can do so, neither through religion or following others. My sole source is God alone. Once I thought loosing my religion was a bad thing, now I understand it was the only way I could walk this earth and be Who God intended me to be. What made the dream bad was the emotions it brought forth, but understanding gives me strength to overcome them.

Loosing My Religion "being at the end of one's rope."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2yXWi0ppw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving You Still a letter

We Are Spirit - Soul - Body

Does God Really Keep Us Away from Knowing His WILL? Is God's Will Separate from God Himself?